Today, we needed to get out of the house and get some exercise.
I forget how cloudy the winters are in Idaho.
I miss the sunshine of Arizona and New Mexico.
However, it was a nice day for a winter hike.
Here are the kids looking at the Shoshone Falls.
I was starting to have major anxiety watching my kids look over the metal fence at the falls. My heart slowed down and I caught my breath once we were back on solid ground. Honestly, I couldn't get them all up the stairs fast enough.
This is a hill that we used to ice-block down when I was a youth. The family is running up the hill to get to the Canyon Rim Trail Head. I didn't have to run, my heart was already
pumping from the falls!
pumping from the falls!
Josie's little legs can't quite keep up and she is a little frustrated they left her in their dust.
Chloe fell out of the race, literally.
Josie is pouting after giving up the race.
She comes to walk with Mom.
She comes to walk with Mom.
On the trail, making faces with Dad.
Looking funny.
Looking cute.
Looking...at something?
"Look here!" says Mason.
"I'm gonna take you..."
"Down!" Ok, that's not really how it went. But, the pictures sure make it seem that way. Josie ended up just falling on the ground over something and she decided to just lay there and...
...pout. She is getting really good at pouting. I wish there was an award for pouting, because she just might win the pouting award for this picture. Anyway, after the picture, I ran after her saying, "Get off the wet ground, you're going to get sick!" I know, I am a paranoid mother, and well still anxious!
I love the little water falls that have turned to ice. They are so pretty...and so are the girls. I didn't say Matt and the boys are pretty because, well they're not pretty, they're handsome.
Glad to see she is done pouting and back to being a "sweet pea."
Some more looking...we did a lot of that on this trail.
Looking good!
Aren't these kids good looking?
Ok, I am done with the "looking" jokes.
Ok, I am done with the "looking" jokes.
"Observing" the little stream coming from the
little melting ice-water falls.
little melting ice-water falls.
Mason and Josie were quite fascinated with the little stream.
As we walked on, they both said, "Bye little stream!"
An interesting looking (no joke intented) bark on this tree.
Curious to know why someone has peeled it off.
Matt is growing a little horn on his nose.
He is becoming a uni-horn.
He is becoming a uni-horn.
As the kids would say, "What the?" Yes Matt, it's true.
Chloe keep working on yours.
This rock had some graffiti on it that said North Carolina.
(In case you can't read.)
(In case you can't read.)
We are a little scentimental to N.C. so we had to take the picture.
Is Mason looking for something?
Yes! Here comes Memaw and her friend Mark.
Everyone runs around with excitement. Yeah! Yeah!
Now it's time to climb on and jump off the gigantic rock!
While we're here, we might as well gather for a family picture.
Someday, we might get everyone's eyes on the camera, at the same time!
Someday, we might get everyone's eyes on the camera, at the same time!
Not everyone got the "stick-your-tongue-out-now" memo.
I'll speak for myself that I'm a little slow. (No comments please.)
Matt and Chloe had their own tongue thing going on.
My favorite part about this picture is Mason's arm on Matt's head.
Who's looking at Carter? He is such a great climber.
What a fun hike! After the hike we went down to Dierke's Lake and looked at some people fishing and played on the playground. My camera battery died, so no more pictures for today.
Happy Hiking!














































No comments:
Post a Comment