On our way home tonight, Carter started telling me about one of his new "best friends" at school. His name is Kobe. As Carter proceeds to tell me about his new friend, he then says that he is going to start up a new club at school. He says he has been thinking about a name for his club and he is going to call it...The Club ~ That Gets Chased By Girls. He said it makes a great name because it is about a club of boys that gets chased by girls. How creative! :)
I had to giggle inside because it took me back a good 26+ years to when I was in grade school and I started up my own "club." Mine was a club of "mommies" that met once a week, I believe on Wednesdays if my memory serves me well. We were required to wear dresses that day, and bring our Cabbage Patch Dolls. We met under the stairs of the portable music building during recess and we rotated each week bringing refreshments. It was a great club, until my teacher told my mom that we weren't allowed to bring our dolls to school, since they were a distraction. If you ask me, school itself was a distraction since our meetings had to end with the bell, but what did I know...I was only a kid!
I am sure that in time Carter will develop his club and maybe with a little help, even have some refreshments at the end of recess!
I love how creative kids are! Oh, to be one of them again! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love it! Your "Mommy" club make me laugh-- that is great! It was just preparing you for future play dates with your own real children! And your sons clubs is just keeping him prepared for all the girls that are going to chase those darn cute boys!
Post a Comment