Friday, August 15, 2008

A Stroll Down Memory Lane

Calling all Memories!!
So here is a fun new blogging game:

1. Leave one memory that you and I had together, as a comment on my blog. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. Have a nice little trip down memory lane!

4 comments:

David and Amanda said...

Okay, I have a ton of fun memories. I too love that amazing Sunday School lesson, where you and Matt were like comedians...too funny! My fave memories are at all the get-togethers--laughing and story telling, when you and Matt get going, it's hysterical!!!

The Ballard Family said...

Oh, I love Matt and Alice. :) I have so many memories, so let's start from the beginning...meeting you at Thanksgiving Dinner (TERRIFIED, I might add, meeting everyone for the first time) and feeling quite at ease with you both right away and then Matt teasing me about being a lightweight when I couldn't keep up with all the Kear appetites...hanging out at your place, watching conference in highschool...talking to Alice after Mason left on his mission and her bluntly asking me if I was going to marry him when he got back because everyone wanted to know...seeing another side to Alice when she got ticked off in Customer Service at CIT...babysitting Carter when he was teeny tiny (I have decided that you were using the cutest member of the family to reel me in...)...going on a double date when Mason got back from his mission and Alice again bluntly asking me if I was going to marry Mason because everyone wanted to know...hanging out with you guys before we got engaged, becoming convinced more and more that I belonged in the family...calling Alice, semi-frantic, the day before I was going to give Mason my ANSWER, asking her all kinds of questions and seeking all kinds of advice...getting a bear-hug from Matt on our wedding day and feeling so much like he truly was my big brother and always had been...cuddling with Chloe when she was a sweet, chubby baby...lots of soft, warm blankets made with love...doing Alice's hair while the boys worked on the roof and eating pizza together afterwards...feeling protected by Matt and so supported by Alice when my world fell apart three years ago...feeling like I could never repay you guys for the unconditional love you showed me through some awkward and trying times for all of us...watching Matt play with Baby Bethany and call her "princess"...Alice always being the cutest pregnant girl ever...Matt nudging me reassuringly with his foot during an awkward dinner...mint chocolate chip ice cream in hot chocolate!...having a long-overdue nice visit with Alice this summer...wishing I could have more of those! :) Anyway, I always talk more than I should...I love you guys.
Love,
Mandy

Julie said...

Where do I BEGIN!?? Do you, by any chance, have those pictures we took of ourselves at your house in black and white? We were trying to be so avant guard! I will try and find those and scan them in somehow. I had tons of fun with you:)in HS.

email me so that I can write you back...

llosam@gmail dot com

Zonnie said...

I concur with the other comments...too many fond ones to pick from! You guys are awesome..remember the Carter Caring Company? Swimming with baby Carter at Shay & I's apartment? Tons of advice and support through good times and bad from both Matt and Alice..You poor guys are so nice that you probably get unloaded on way too much! One last memory for the road...growing up with silly yet awesome Matt! He could stretch his mouth open so freakin' wide it didn't look humanly possible! Just the other day I came across a pencil drawing Matt did for me during general conf at Gma Beach's one year. It is Thumper from Bambi..I remember feeling so special when he did that for me! He has always been a male figure that I looked up to and admired...the world seems to be short of those common miracles these days. Again, you guys are second to none in my book!